We are a family run Plymouth based transport company who provide a wide range of logistic solutions to meet your every need. Whether you require a same day urgent delivery or a multi-consignment timed delivery service – we can help! We specialise in big and bulky freight for both businesses and independent customers and those deliveries which need a more personal touch with bespoke timings. Our 2 man deliveries come with White Glove Service as standard; ensuring that your customers will receive the VIP treatment.
We have grown rapidly over the last 4 years and the key to our success has been the dedication that we have shown our customers; going the extra mile to meet and exceed their requirements at short notice. With our extensive knowledge of the transport industry & a fantastic team of people behind us, the business is continuing to expand and develop even more services throughout 2018 and beyond.
We have a range of vehicles (SWB & LWB) in our fleet to ensure we meet all of our customer’s needs. This includes a selection of vehicles; such as Peugeot Partners, Ford Transits, Mercedes Sprinters, 3.5T Curtainsiders & Easy Mover Low Loaders.
By late 2018, we will have expanded our fleet and will be offering services on larger vehicles. This will include 7.5T Rigid & Curtainsiders, 18T Rigid & Curtainsiders and 44T Traction Units ; which will have a range of trailers available.
Our Business Premises
We are expanding rapidly here at J & J Transport and have recently opened our brand new warehouse based at Belliver Industrial Estate. We are able to offer warehousing and storage for large palletised consignments, or simply a few boxes that require long term storage you want out from under your feet. We are now providing pick/pack & distribution solutions for a number of clients in the area. In the upcoming year, we are looking to diversify our warehousing solutions; with the aim to include ambient, chilled and frozen storage.
Within our new warehouse, we have refurbished and now have a suite of offices and training & conference facilities to take J & J Transport into the future.
- Oct 2014 – Business Founded – 1 man & van.
- June 2015 – Diversified into refrigerated courier work for a national company – first specialist temp controlled vehicle obtained.
- Jan 2016 – Focused expansion on refrigerated network & 1st employee came aboard.
- Sept 2016 – Expandion of the team & growth of the fleet.
- Feb 2017 – Secured business with national home delivery company & expanded team further.
- Aug 2017 – 1st liveried J&J Transport vehicle in the fleet.
- Oct 2017 – Logistics partner of Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City 10K.
- Jan 2018 – Expanded business with existing client base for 2018 & introduction of new specialist vehicles.
- Feb 2018 – 1st Official Trade Stand at The Source Trade Show.
- April 2018 – Official change to Ltd Company.
- April 2018 – Launched the new Company Headquarters & Warehouse in Plymouth
- May 2018 – Official partners of Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City Half Marathon.
Still to come in 2018…
- July 2018 – Diversifying warehousing solutions
- Aug 2018 – Fleet expansion
- Oct 2018 – Official partners of Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City 10k.
Meet the team!
Owner & Director
Matt has 15 years of experience within the transport industry. He started the business in 2014 as a young entrepreneur; a single man and van operating as a sole trader. After beginning the business, he spotted the gap in the market for big, awkward freight and customers who had specialist pick up/drop off timings that couldn’t be achieved by a network carrier. Matt is passionate about Quality Service, ensuring that customer satisfaction is always at the heart of the company. Priding himself on being able to spot and develop talent and engagement within the growing team, Matt believes this is the key to a great customer experience from the whole team. Hungry to expand the company and engage with new customers and show what we can do to help business overcome their logistical challenges is his current focus. Together with Jenny, Matt has 2 beautiful daughters. He enjoys being a dad and spending time with the family.
Director & Company Secretary
Jenny is a young enterpreneur with investment in a number of local businesses in the area. She spends her days working primarily with customers in the hospitality trade. Her strategic vision and focus has supported the MD in maximising and enabling growth of the business. She believes fantastic team work is essential for a great customer experience and is always on the look out for hiring the best talent. Away from work, Jenny has been Matt’s partner for more than 10 years, and is the mother of 2 beautiful daughters. She is passionate about family holidays and spending time with her family.
Join Our Team
J&J Transport have expanded over the last few months in the local area and are continuing to do so. As a result we are looking for some amazing people to come and join our team!! We have a growing client base and are growing steadily within those contracts and need reliable individuals to help us become the “Best in the South West”.
We pride ourselves on engaging with customers as Home & Business Delivery Specialists – whether that be large furniture items requiring a 2-person lift, or smaller passport sized envelopes! We believe, everyone deserves an amazing customer experience.
- Friendly & honest
- Flexible & reliable
- a excellent communication skills
- Have a customer centric mentality
- Have relevant driving licence (up to 3.5T) with no more than 6 points
Contact UsContact J&J Transport today for a FREE, no obligation quote! We offer a wide range of services including single consignments and multi-drops.