We are a family run Plymouth based transport company who provide a wide range of logistic solutions to meet your every need. Whether you require a same day urgent delivery or a multi-consignment timed delivery service – we can help! We specialise in big and bulky freight for both businesses and independent customers and those deliveries which need a more personal touch with bespoke timings. Our 2 man deliveries come with White Glove Service as standard; ensuring that your customers will receive the VIP treatment.
We have grown rapidly over the last 4 years and the key to our success has been the dedication that we have shown our customers; going the extra mile to meet and exceed their requirements at short notice. With our extensive knowledge of the transport industry & a fantastic team of people behind us, the business is continuing to expand and develop even more services throughout 2018 and beyond.
We have a range of vehicles (SWB & LWB) in our fleet to ensure we meet all of our customer’s needs. This includes a selection of vehicles; such as Peugeot Partners, Ford Transits, Mercedes Sprinters, 3.5T Curtainsiders & Easy Mover Low Loaders.
By May 2018, we will have expanded our fleet and will be offering services on larger vehicles. This will include 7.5T Rigid & Curtainsiders, 18T Rigid & Curtainsiders and 44T Traction Units ; which will have a range of trailers available.
Our Business Premises
Because we are expanding rapidly, we have big plans for the future of J and J transport. In the upcoming year, we are looking to diversify our warehousing solutions; with the aim to include ambient, chilled and frozen storage. We are also planning to provide pick/pack solutions as a service by Spring of 2018.
Due to the growth we are experiencing, we are also noticing it is time to improve the office space we have for our administration and management team. To do this, we are currently looking at new office space for a potential move in Spring or Summer of 2018. We will be announcing the move when we know it is going to happen!
- Oct 2014 – Business Founded – 1 man & van.
- June 2015 – Diversified into refrigerated courier work for a national company – first specialist temp controlled vehicle obtained.
- Jan 2016 – Focused expansion on refrigerated network & 1st employee came aboard.
- Sept 2016 – Expandion of the team & growth of the fleet.
- Feb 2017 – Secured business with national home delivery company & expanded team further.
- Aug 2017 – 1st liveried J&J Transport vehicle in the fleet.
- Oct 2017 – Logistics partner of Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City 10K.
- Jan 2018 – Expanded business with existing client base for 2018 & introduction of new specialist vehicles.
- Feb 2018 – 1st Official Trade Stand at The Source Trade Show.
- Feb 2018 – Appointed new Business Development & Operations Manager for investment in future expansion.
Still to come in 2018…
- Developing strategy & expansion plans. Investing in technology to improve the customer experience.
- A push on people development for the existing team to continue to deliver outstanding customer service through expansion.
- Focus on developing a new HGV fleet & warehousing solutions.
- April 2018 – Official change to Ltd Company.
- May 2018 – Official partners of Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City Half Marathon.
- Oct 2018 – Official partners of Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City 10k.
Meet the team!
Owner & Director
Matt has 15 years of experience within the transport industry. He started the business in 2014 as a young entrepreneur; a single man and van operating as a sole trader. After beginning the business, he spotted the gap in the market for big, awkward freight and customers who had specialist pick up/drop off timings that couldn’t be achieved by a network carrier. Matt is passionate about Quality Service, ensuring that customer satisfaction is always at the heart of the company. Priding himself on being able to spot and develop talent and engagement within the growing team, Matt believes this is the key to a great customer experience from the whole team. Hungry to expand the company and engage with new customers and show what we can do to help business overcome their logistical challenges is his current focus. Together with Jenny, Matt has one daughter and another baby on the way. He enjoys being a dad and spending time with the family.
Director & Company Secretary
Jenny is a young enterpreneur with investment in a number of local businesses in the area. She spends her days working primarily with customers in the hospitality trade. Away from work, Jenny has been Matt’s partner for over 10 years, and is the mother of 1 daughter with another baby on the way. She is passionate about family holidays and spending time with her family.
Business Development & Operations
Jet has been doing adhoc work for J&J historically, but officially joined the business in Feb 2018 to support the Directors’ strategic vision for development & expansion whilst optimising resources. She has +10 years experience in the industry and has worked with companies like Royal Mail, Amazon Logistics & First Great Western. With a background in operations management & lean maufacturing, she has a passion about using technology to advance possibilities and is passionate about people development & employee engagement. Jet enjoys partaking in Charity Fundraising events & walking her dog; she is an avid baker specialising in cupcakes & muffins.
Contact J&J Transport today for a FREE, no obligation quote! We offer a wide range of services including single consignments and multi-drops.